Saturday, August 25, 2012

Einstein's Theory

My quilt guild makes quilts for our local children.  Some are donated to the hospital, some go to children removed from their homes, and some go to the local women's shelter.  I read somewhere that boy quilts, especially for older boys, are in short supply.  Here's a quilt I made from select fabrics in Einstein's Baby charm pack and some black kona cotton.



Here's a closer look at those fabulous geometric designs!
More examples of my earliest FMQing. I did random stippling in the quilt top, and big loops in the border.

The border fabric is from the seconds corner of my local quilt shop (LQS).  I made the backing from that fabric too.  I love $1.99/yard fabric!  I have found LOTS of great fabrics in the seconds corner.  Very few of them have visible reasons for being there! I don't complain, I just add to my stash!


Those legs belong to my son.  Quilt-holder is just one of his many talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment