Friday, December 2, 2011

Liz's Orange quilt



In the weeks before my baby girl left for her freshman year at Missouri State University, I created her an XLong twin quilt for her dorm room.  During the hours I spent making her quilt, I thought about the 18 years she spent with us.  When she packed the quilt into my old car, along with most of her possessions, and drove off to college, I was totally unprepared for the giant hole she would leave in my life.  It took awhile, but I've finally learned to live with it.  Anyway, here's the colorful quilt I created for her, using the pattern Breaking Waves.
The backing is from a Halloween collection.  I knew it was perfect for Liz's quilt when I saw it in the quilt store in Potosi, MO. 



I collected several fabrics in Liz's favorite color to make this quilt.  One of my favorite is the orange with yellow monopoly pieces.

Here it is on move-in day.  Since then, I've made her a matching pillow case for her body pillow.  I think this may be the only time Liz's bed has been made since she left home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment